Thank you, thank you very much
I’ve read about The Liebster award multiple times and am really excited to be nominated for the award by Life With Bethan!
The idea of this award is to acknowledge and celebrate new and upcoming bloggers with a smaller following. Thankfully I qualify for this and Bethan thinks so too, which is lovely to hear! The idea is you post the Liebster Award icon to your blog, answer 11 questions put forward by the previous person, add 11 facts about yourself and pass it onto some new bloggers with different questions! It’s a great way of spreading the love within the blogging community and i’m 100% on board with anything that’s a bit of fun.
Firstly though, I get to answer a bunch of questions as put forward by Bethan:
1. Sum up your blog in one word
Fun! I hope… I definitely try to keep my posts down to earth and genuine with a mixture of topics that reflect my life!
2. What do you enjoy most about blogging?
This is tough… What I enjoy most is developing my skills in writing, organisation and social media marketing. However, that is followed by a close second of meeting and interacting with a wide variety of other bloggers and sharing in the great bits of life!
3. How long do think you will be blogging for?
I honestly believe i’ll continue blogging for as long as I can find time. I think it will change depending on the direction that my life goes but I enjoy it too much to let go at this point!
4. Favourite food?
I switch back and forth between pizza and chocolate. Don’t make me choose!
5. Are you a sweet or savoury person?!
Sweet through and through despite my pizza cravings.
6. How long does it normally take you to get ready?
Getting ready for an average-joe day, about 20 minutes. Getting ready for a big night out, more like an hour.
7. Who is your blogging or YouTube inspiration?
Dorkface and The Rose Quartz at the moment are honestly huge motivations for me to ‘get good‘. They’re just lovely people and you can tell that just from reading their posts. That’s what I aim for!
8. If you could only have one social media for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Twitter! It’s so versatile and allows communication among people from wildly different backgrounds and with different opinions that just helps society to grow so much in my opinion.
9. What’s your favourite blog post you have written?
The proudest i’ve been of a post is probably my How to Smell Great this Spring post as I managed to get this beast of a post out really quickly after my very first bloggers event at Lush! I also took the time to really carefully plan this post and feel like it was a turning point in how I orchestrate my posts. I got some great feedback from it too, which was lovely!
10. If you could collab with anyone, who would it be?
100% EmmaRobynK as she writes like a goddess and literally got me into blogging so I owe a lot to Emma.
11. Favourite Television show at the moment?
I have been getting crazy into Gordon Ramsay’s Kitchen Nightmares lately! I’m watching all the horrific ones first and getting through them. I’m really started to generally get into cooking shows for some bizarre reason…
My 11 random facts:
- My hair is extremely elastic (it can stretch to over 50% of it’s original length without breaking!)
- I collect gaming/geek related plushies for fun!
- I am very slowly turning more and more vegetarian due to my distaste for most meat
- Despite this, I hate peas
- I will always cry at the moment Chandler proposes to Monika on Friends
- I make the best cocktails ever
- The first concert I ever went to was The Blue Man group in VEGAS in 2007
- I can do really loud whistles using my fingers
- I can also do a grass whistle!
- My favourite seasoning is paprika
- My farmer accent really comes through when I say words with Ts and Rs like water and butter (war-uh and buh-uh).
Thanks again Life With Bethan for the nomination. Make sure to check out Bethan’s super cute beauty/fashion/lifestyle blog as she also has a youtube channel too!
So now it’s your turn to answer the following questions and tell us 11 random facts about yourself!
- What prompted you to start your blog in the first place?
- If you had to choose, what’s your most and least favourite song of 2016 so far?
- What’s your earliest memory?
- What’s your go-to takeout/fast food?
- If you had to watch/read one youtube channel/blog for one whole year, what would it be and why?
- Do you tell your friends/family about your blog?
- What’s your favourite photo from a blog post that you’ve written?
- If you could be an expert in any one skill, what would it be and why?
- When was the last time you went to the cinema? What did you see? Was it good?
- Do you have any specific go-to inspiration blogs/channels?
- Can you see yourself still blogging in 5 years time?
I look forward to reading all your responses!